Monday, December 9, 2013

Advent

I'm feeling much more in the spirit of Christmas this year than I have been in a long time.  And I owe it to my new Christmas Advent calendar that I made.  I love it!  I bought it raw from the Wood Connection.



I've never been an Advent calender person before but I found a sweet blog that explained it so beautifully it made me suddenly really like the idea.  So the Advent is the time leading up to Christmas or in the ancient days the anticipation of Christ's birth.  I gained a much deeper appreciation and understanding of that and why we do so much hubbub in preparation for Christmas.  Like we are recreating that waiting period for His birth.  I love it now. 

I don't have an organized itinerary for what I do each day when we put on a little decoration but I do have a list of things I can draw from, when we have time, to help us appreciate and enjoy this season more.  So far some of the simple and festive things we've done have been: making paper snowflakes, watching kid Christmas shows from my childhood, wrapping a present, making and sending cards to Zoey's grandparents.  The list continues.  My heart is so much more into the Christmas season because of this small and simple task.  It makes me happy.  


No comments:

Post a Comment