Zoey must have a hug and kiss from Neil before he ever leaves the house. As he is getting ready to leave for work she can sense that he's leaving and she reminds him not to leave without a a "huggle" (hug, rhymes with snuggle) and "kisses". If she thinks, even for a moment, that he is leaving without saying goodbye she can sometimes freak out. One day Zoey was watching a movie and Neil started to leave forgetting to say goodbye..... the funny thing is that she knows instantly once he is gone even if she is distracted. "DAAAAAAADDDYYYYYY!!!!!" Whenever this happens I run out the door to catch Neil knowing she'll be devastated if he leaves. With tears streaming down her face, "kisses and huggle, Daddy!" as her little legs run to him with outstretched arms.
I had to grab my camera and snap a picture. I almost didn't get him this time. It's super tender that all she needs is a little hug and kiss to make her happy. I remind Neil to treasure these freakout moments because one day she may not want a hug or kiss goodbye.
No comments:
Post a Comment