Whenever I watch the news I am continually reminded of what a blessed land we live in and how fortunate we are to live in America. I'm so grateful to live here. I'm grateful for our trip we took to Washington D.C. last fall and for the increased patriotism that fills my heart because of that.
We went to see fireworks with some friends and thoroughly enjoyed our holiday. Zoey loved to wave her little American flag (thank you ward breakfast). I wish I had my camera out when the National Anthem was sung, Zoey stood there waving her flag around with her little hand over her heart. Picture perfect moment that I missed.... so here is just her waving it around.
Our friends' have a little boy just one week younger than Zoey. He was trying to give her a hug and she did not want any part of it.... Made us laugh as her little pouty, shy face came out towards him.
Seriously, could Zoey get any cheesier?
Cute Daddy moment I have to share. The fireworks started and Zoey was super freaked out and scared. We didn't prep her enough before hand, I think, bad parenting on our part which I will not forget next time. Neil totally went into daddy mode and wrapped her in his big strong arms and they hid under a blanket. I could hear him talking to her about the different things we did that day, getting her mind off the scary noises. Occasionally, she'd get brave enough to look out at the "lights" and Neil would ask her what colors they were until she'd retreat back under the safety of the blanket. They'd talk more until she wanted to see a little more. And back and forth they went under the blanket, spending most of the fireworks show under the blanket. What a loving and selfless Daddy moment. (something I would never come up with) What a wonderful husband and father he is!
What a cute Daddy! And that girl's faces kill me! :)
ReplyDelete