Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Poem

My husband gave me a Valentine's present very dear to my heart. He wrote me a poem. I know, I know, strange. My rough and tough, handyman, welder, likes big trucks and anything with a motor, redneck husband is a poet?!? True story. He's never written me a poem before although, to me, it fits him.

I love it and thought I'd share it.

One Word

I spent a day searching for one word

To describe what you are to me.

Friend, Lover, Mother, Supporter, Encourager.

But they all fell short, you see.

For how can one word tell all that you do and are?

It’s like trying to find a word that says both near and far.

Nurture, Kindness, Devotion and Laughter,

Love, Faith, Patience, and tether,

Trust, Comfort, Home, and Beauty,

Companion, Guide, Sympathy and Empathy,

Counselor and Humility.

Of all the words written here above

Is not just one that can describe my love.

Nor a word that can fully say

How you are in my soul and throughout my day.

No single word can tell why I live, work and sing

And that is why you are my everything!

No comments:

Post a Comment