Monday, October 17, 2011

George Washington is the man

Mt. Vernon was the home of George Washington. He had a massive 8,000 acre estate, innovative inventions, and was an incredible leader and family man, among other things.

We spent an entire day touring his mansion,

Talking to Colonial people who lived at Mt. Vernon, including the fabulous Lady Martha Washington.

Chased squirrels,

Enjoyed beautiful views of the Potomac River,

Kept kids entertained,

Put kids in time out,

and got them to sleep for at least a little while :)

Saw George and Martha's final resting place.

I absolutely fell in love with the trees! The changing colors are, oh so, beautiful. Here I am with Lizzy.

And also saw hundreds of historic artifacts and pieces of Washington's history. And took a historic and Hollywood tour of the National Treature 2 film. Awesome place!

Spent a few minutes playing in the leaves.

And of course I couldn't resist some pictures of the infamous and ever-popular cousin bath time. Zoey with Emma splashing around.

No comments:

Post a Comment