Deciding what to eat each day is not my favorite thing. Oh, I've tried making a weekly meal plan. That doesn't really work for us. Our daily life changes from day to day so we're not the type of people who can always eat dinner at the same time every day. Also, I'm not really a very good cook either. Consequently, it's difficult for me to decide what's for dinner.
Just this week I've created something that may solve my what's for dinner problem!!!
This little beauty hangs on the inside of my pantry door. The magnets are color coded. I have 4 lists (blue, green, yellow and orange) which I rotate through. These 4 main sets of magnets were organized to give each color different meat options in each meal to change things up a bit. I have a couple smaller magnets in each color for easy lunch options.
The red magnets have our staples; the things we usually have on hand that are fast and easy, ya know when you say, "should we just have blank tonight?" The pink magnets are my alternates; these are the recipes that aren't as much our favorites but are still nice to have so I'll add one or two of those at random as I create my shopping list.
After my trip to the grocery store I can put up the magnets for all the meal options that I have available. As dinner time approaches I just look at my handy board and it will tell me what my options are. After we've eaten that meal the magnet gets placed in the little holding bag. That way as my board starts to look empty it's time to go to the grocery store again and rotate my magnet lists.
We shall see how this works out for us. I'm crossing my fingers that it helps me organize meal times better. The few people I have told this concept to have all been shocked that it was my own idea and that I didn't steal it from anywhere else. Also, I had the magnet strips and paper on hand. Neil had this piece of metal kicking around; which he shined up for me ever so nicely! The only thing I purchased was the ribbon to make it cutesy. Dinner time here I come!
It turned out great, Sarah! Good work!! And wonderful idea!
ReplyDeletewow. not a bad idea...
ReplyDeleteI linked to you. I hope you don't mind. http://thebiggestbloggestloser.blogspot.com/2011/02/menu-plan-alternate.html
ReplyDelete