Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Extras

Neil's mom has been a casting director/talent agent for about 20 years. Her latest gig was for a film called, Mask of Redemption, set in 1905. I along with some friends and family got to be an extra for the film.

The only thing any of us little people know about the film was pretty much what we saw in the scene we were in; a boxing match. Besides that I have NO clue what the movie is about. The set was at This Is The Place Park. Here is a picture of our scene from my friends phone.

You can see a bell attached to the post of the ring and the guy in the hat is the bell ringer, I stood next to him right there for most of the shoot. It was really interesting to me to watch the crew work. In college Neil and I took a Film Class and really learned to appreciate and notice the art of filming. So I really enjoyed it.

Neil and Brian came up for a little while during the shoot so Tina and I could see our girls. Neil says to me, "I can't let you go anywhere. You look like a Grandma and Tina looks like a Hooker!" He wasn't far off. Skinny Tina was a saloon girl and well I just had big hair. (another phone pic). From left, Tina's brother Orion, Brian's best friend Kevin, me and Tina.

It was a long day but I had a really good time. After we were done the hair crew had to undo our hair. Can you say 80's nightmare???

I left it big and poofy when I got home just so Neil could enjoy it. Ha Ha!

2 comments:

  1. That is so awesome! I was an extra in a movie called Carmel. It is about art forgery. I did that when I was in California. I agree it is a very awesome process. If you were next to the bell ringer hopefully when it comes out we can see you! I love the costumes! Your hair looks so big it looks like a TSUNAMI!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I never realized it until now but you totally look like a eighties girl from one of the movies made back then....ha ha ha

    ReplyDelete