So there is this sweet sweet gal in my ward who whenever she sees me asks, "how are you DOING?" with the most sincere and hoping to get a real answer look on her face. Ya know, most of us just say "how are you" as a greeting and not really wanting an answer. But it's different with her, she is genuinely interested. It's really cute because I've kinda come to expect it when I see her.
She had a real struggle when she became a mother and I know she has been worrying about me and my adjustment to motherhood. My friends sincere curiosity about how I am doing has made me think, really how am I? And I've come up with some thoughts and here's my honest real feelings.
My life really will not ever be the same and it IS very hard, just like those nice people in the grocery store said it would be when I was pregnant. It's very difficult when she cries and screams and doesn't stop and I can't figure out why - usually we both cry at those times. I don't care what anyone says breastfeeding is not natural, at least not at first (I don't know how humanity survived) but it's totally worth it if you stick it out. I'm frustrated that the stack of clothes in my closet that I can wear is still smaller than my stack of clothes that I can't wear. I'm still a little more sleep deprived than I'd like. But I'll take all that because oh how I love being a mommy! It brings so much joy to me. This sweet little girl brings a spirit into our home that is something wonderful. I love to watch her learn and discover. Neil and I are a great team and have become much closer since her arrival. Her smile melts my heart. I love this little person and I love that I get to be home with her to watch her grow.
So in a nutshell, just like anything before we have good days and rough days but overall it's awesome. I'm doing great and really love being a mommy.
Well written Sarah!!! We need to come see you guys again soon We need to get our hubbie's to plan a game night or something
ReplyDeleteoh i just loved reading this! glad to know your adjusting. everyday I am adjusting to a new child... ones that are one day older and changing and getting all kinds of opinions that i'm not ready for them to have yet... right? :) Good luck you two. Always knew you'd both be super awesome parents!
ReplyDeletehey there.
ReplyDeleteI think you're neat.
You couldn't have said it any better, Sarah!
ReplyDelete