Monday, September 14, 2009

How We Met

Neil and I met 5 years ago today. Since then every time September rolls around I remember back to how it all began....

I was a brand new freshman at Snow College with classes just starting a few weeks previous and the school was having a blood drive so I went to donate. About an hour after donating I went to my choir class and while we were all singing warm-ups I passed out and fell flat on my face off a step on the front row. (This story is also where my most embarrassing moment comes from) Awkward! Some people helped me up and I laid in the back of the class the rest of the time. So this guy, who everyone called Bubba, appears in front of this poor girl so far from home and says, "You look hot, I'm gonna fan you with this paper." and then "You are looking better, well you looked good before but now you have some color you look even better!" Bubba ran and got me a cold sprite to put on my purple goose-egg of a chin and remained with me the rest of the class making me laugh and to not feel so stupid. After class he wouldn't let me walk home so he took me home.

I could go for a lot longer about just our first week together but you already know how it all ended. This next picture is from a few days after we first met. It's one of our favorites and reminds us of the whole story of how we began.

No comments:

Post a Comment