Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Isn't there a Country song about this?


"Isn't there a Country song about this?" is a common phrase we use in our day to day lives.  Whenever Neil or I say this to one another we typically are already thinking of a particular set of lyrics.  Usually we'll sing a line or phrase of the song, maybe reference another Country song that relates and then move on.  Last night this phrase came up again but this time with a little more meaning for me.  

During the day Paisley goes to sleep pretty well.  However, night after night as bedtime approaches she cries for a long time.  (Seriously, kid, go to bed so I can get some sleep please!  You're gonna be hungry in an hour anyway.)  Last night I had been trying for several hours to get her to sleep when I finally thought she was asleep and I crashed into bed next to Neil, not even bothering to change from my clothes to my pj's, and said, "Isn't there a Country song about this?"  It was more of a rhetorical question even though I was thinking the words in my head, "it won't be like this for long".  Neil grabbed his phone and started to play the song.  By the time the chorus started I was crying.  Of course the first verse is so applicable to Paisley but then the next few verses made me think of Zoey and I was overwhelmed with gratitude and love for my precious little girls.  Hopefully we can all cherish the time we have with our little ones. 





No comments:

Post a Comment