I know that I am pregnant and I know that when this pregnancy is over I will have a little baby. I know this. But the reality of it didn't really hit me until today. This pregnancy is ticking by so much faster than Zoey's. I'm thinking that's because I already have a little ball of energy that consumes so much of me already (we won't mention any names though.)
I do a quick drive by to all our rental properties each week where I normally don't see any of our tenants but was surprised today when one greeted me. She was carrying the tiniest little baby. I didn't even know that she was pregnant. I excitedly cheered, "oh, you have an itty bitty!" We exchanged brief chit chat for a few minutes as I drooled over this beautiful (and this one truly is a beautiful baby) 5 day old infant.
A million thoughts raced through my head. I think I was so taken back by it all because for a very routine and normal thing I do each week I was very surprised by this meeting. Had I been planning on visiting someone with a new baby I would have been anticipating the little bundle. But this was very very sudden and out of the ordinary. Like I said before, I know I'm pregnant. But seeing this tiny 5 day old baby made me realize, holy cow, I am going to have one of these, and oh wow, is this going to come fast! At first I was instantly nervous, like how can I take care of something so small? But, wait, I've done this before. And oh there is something so pure and sweet and innocent about a newborn baby that I am now just craving. I wanted to hold that little baby and for her to be mine, then I realized I'll have my chance soon enough.
I was excited for this baby already. But, now, that my head and reality have synced together, I am even more excited!!! Isn't it funny how such an insignificant meeting with someone can have such an impact on you?!?
so is it a girl??????
ReplyDeleteWe don't know yet...find out next week :)
ReplyDelete