Friday, April 1, 2011

I Look Like An Alien


My eyesight has changed again. For the worse. -11.25 in one eye and -12.00 in the other eye. My doctor suggested new glasses which is probably a good thing because my current ones are almost 6 years old.

I did some price checking a few places. One store I went to said as I showed them my prescription, "You're in luck, we only go as far as -15.00!" as he's chuckling to himself. Me in my super sarcastic syrupy voice: "Yeah, I'm really lucky."

When I was younger my brother called me, "Thickly". Even with the ultra thin lenses I still wear coke bottles in front of my eyes that are literally at least a 1/4 inch thick. To combat that I am forced to go with the thick plastic frames. Luckily, they are very fashionable. I don't know what I'll do in 10 years when no one is wearing that kind anymore.

Here's what I ended up with. Actually very cute frames with a fun, purple, swirly, design on the side with rhinestones in it that you can't see in the picture.

If you thought to yourself, "oh those are cute", think again. Scroll back up and look in that little space between my eyes and the side of my head, then look outside the frame and see how far away my head actually is. GOO!!! The lenses are so thick they are magnifying my face!

My current glasses actually do the same thing, we of course never noticed it because the lenses are not as oblong as these. Luckily, (see now I feel lucky) Sam's Club has a Satisfaction Guarantee. I get to pick different frames at no cost. Phew!

Again, limited to thick plastic frames. Now I'm limited to a rounder and less oval lens shape. Good grief! I won't do black, red or pink because those options look horrid with my skin tone so I'm really left with only a couple of options. They are a youth size. I'm waiting for them to come in. Here's hoping they don't make me look like an alien...

No comments:

Post a Comment