Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Dunes on Labor Day

Our favorite thing about a Monday holiday is that everyone goes down for the weekend, Friday, Saturday, Sunday and goes home Monday. We go down Monday and Tuesday. We love to see all the trailers going the opposite direction as us. There were only 3 camps total at the dunes Monday night. Aaaawww, it was wonderful.

We let Zoey play in the sand and she LOVED it. She wanted to eat it of course so we had to watch her carefully.


Neil took Zoey for her first four-wheeler ride around camp. While I was riding around with her I was being chased by a bat; in broad daylight! The bat kept landing on my foot pegs and swooping at our heads and at my safety flag. That was for sure a first!

The other great thing about going up after all the crowds is the leftover firewood (which we did NOT gather in our truck this year....remember last Labor Day was when the truckbed caught fire) Neil built us a blazing fire which was so awesome!


This is Kelli facing her fear and kicking it down on this wicked side hill.

Neil and I did some exploring and I got stuck in a little awkward spot. I buried my axle and was spitting sand everywhere. Of course I made Neil document before we got it out (although the pictures never ever do it justice). Good times. We had some awesome rides. I LOVE the sand dunes!

No comments:

Post a Comment