Monday, August 30, 2010

Neil's Cabinets

Our neighbors across the street had their kitchen redone. Neil noticed a pile of kitchen cabinets out in the driveway and asked the contractor if he could have them. He said as long at they were gone in 15 minutes he could have them. Free cabinets, sweet! We have a duplex unit that has horrible-falling apart kitchen cabinets so we decided to update with these. My brother, Mike, is a partner with us on this duplex and he and Neil spent two days renovating.

Before:

After:
There is still some finish work around the edges that needs to be done. But a huge improvement. There was no dishwasher before but someone gave us one so we put it in here. They put in new countertops and a new stove hood. Since Neil is a handyman and visits a Home Depot on average 3 times a day he knew about some closeout discounted countertops. The total cost was less than $200!

Also, there were 2 cabinets that Neil had to piece together and rebuild to fit. He can fix anything! Good job Neil!

1 comment:

  1. HOT DOG!
    Talk about improving your investment. I'm enjoying the first set of decent cabinets since I got married. Bliss. I think a thing like that improves the rent you can ask and HUGELY improves the resale, when you get to that point.
    And the addition of a dishwasher... again, I'm only on my second. Huge value.
    Good job boys. Very good job.

    ReplyDelete