Neil was in between jobs and needed an excuse to get this big white metal frame thing out of his work space - so he created a swing for us.
The frame was given to us when we were visiting Neil's grandparents. Neil noticed the dirty, neglected, seatless and backless swing frame. The neighbors were glad to see it go. Neil used wood and screws that he had on hand to give life back to this swing. We are really enjoying it.
Moving on to the next item of junk: Neil acquired a broken swamp cooler. He fixed it and put it in the garage. It is a much more enjoyable experience to be in the garage these days.Neil's latest creation is what he calls Frankenstein. He had two broken lawn mowers (which truth be told have been sitting behind our garage for a few years and I didn't even know they were there). Out of the two beaters he made one mean grass eating machine.
I have suddenly remembered why we don't throw anything away. You never know when you might have a use for it!
Oh yes, we live in similar worlds, and I'm so grateful to be married to someone handy! :)
ReplyDeleteI can't wait until I have my own house so I can start collection junk and turning it into stuff!
ReplyDelete